About our Service
We are proud of our warm, friendly, supportive services that strive to improve the quality of life of individuals and their families living with autism. We are passionate about our approach and have a strong emphasis on understanding all of our families that we work with. We know how autism can impact on individuals and families in unique ways and we understand and respect the diversity that is autism.
We strive to empower the individual and their families to live an independent, inclusive and productive life through the provision of individually tailored programs. We have retained the traditions and values that our service was originally founded on while combining best practice, research based approaches that are individualised and strengths based.
We are a not for profit organisation.
We look forward to forming a strong partnership with you and your family.
Founding Statement: Philosophy
“The client with Autism’s family are their most important teachers, and we aim to give them the understanding, the confidence and the determination necessary for the successful parenting of their child/adult – That is our goal and nothing less is enough.” Joan Curtis “Autism … a Family Affair”
To provide families and individuals living with autism specialised supports that are person centred, evidence based, holistic and collaboratively driven. We deliver a sustainable model of excellence that makes a positive difference to those living with autism and their families. Our Vision To empower individuals on the autism spectrum to live independent, inclusive and productive lives.
Mansfield Autism is committed to:
- Upholding and protecting the rights of all services users, especially children, to act in their interests and ensure they are provided with a safe environment that protects against abuse and neglect, and respects their cultural diversity and heritage.
- Complying with all relevant legislative obligations and maintaining a financially sustainable organisation
- Continuous quality improvement. We will review the performance of the organisation on a regular basis and all staff and encouraged to contribute energy and ideas to our improvement processes. We will review our policies, procedures and practices on a regular basis and be open to scrutiny to ensure we provide the highest quality service
- Providing opportunities for service users, their families and advocates to be part of the decision making processes for the organisation’s direction and the programs it provides.
Democratic and Guiding Principles:
Mansfield Autism Services supports and promotes the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all before the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance
Mansfield Autism Statewide Services complies with all reporting requirements under Commonwealth and State funding agreements and makes available on request reports on all aspects of our organisations performance to members of the school community .